Noida – Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME) in Noida recently wrapped up its two-day media fest, Vritika 23, on November 3rd and 4th, 2023. The event witnessed a phenomenal display of creativity and media prowess, featuring various competitions and high-profile guests.
The second day of Vritika 23 was a culmination of exciting events, including the AD Mad competition, reel making competition, digital art showcase, Just a Minute (JAM) competition, nukkad natak (street play), and a media quiz. The participants showcased their skills and creativity, making it a memorable day for everyone involved.
The AD Mad competition was expertly judged by Ms. Divya Rastogi, Faculty Incharge of DME Media School, while the Digital Art competition was evaluated by Mr. Sahil Gujral from Wehit, the media sponsor of Vritika 2023. Nukkad natak was judged by Mr. Vishal Sahai, Assistant Professor at DME Media School, and the reel making competition was also judged by Mr. Sahil Gujral from Wehit.
The day reached its zenith with a grand Valedictory event, graced by esteemed guests from the media industry. Awadhesh Kumar Mishra, ABP News anchor, encouraged students to take their studies seriously and emphasized the importance of gaining a thorough knowledge of the Indian constitution, essential for aspiring journalists to conduct ethical reporting.
Susheel Bhar, Broadcasting Director at Marwah Studio, commended the students for their active participation and urged them to value interactions with industry experts, emphasizing that these events mirror what they will encounter in their future careers.
Dr. Ambrish Saxena, Dean of DME Media School, praised the students for their vigilant and inspiring efforts during the eight-year journey of Vritika. He also expressed his gratitude to the sponsors, including Pioneer Packaging, radio partner Radio Adda, co-powered by Pearls of Korea, and media partners Wehit, Quick News, News 44, Amar Bharti, Nishpaksh Pratidin, and Danik Khabar, for their invaluable contributions to the event.
The fest concluded with the announcement of the competition winners:
1. RJ Hunt:
– 1st: Deepti (Tecnia Institute)
– 2nd: Kartikey Dheer (Tecnia Institute)
– 3rd: Khushi Chittoria (Institute of Home Economics)
– 1st: Bhavika Saini (IGNOU)
– 2nd: Abhishek (NISCORT)
– 3rd: Apoorva Arora (ISOMES)
3. Digital Art:
– 1st: Ritesh Gomes (NISCORT)
– 2nd: Ritesh Pandey (DME)
– 3rd: SahibPreet Singh (DME)
4. Sustainable Art:
– 1st: Aastha Singhal, Harshit Dubey, Sushmita Meena, Rishika Tripathi (Lloyd Law College)
– 2nd: Parichay Sahani (Galgotia University)
– 3rd: Arnold Aditya Singh, Sudeeksha Bisht, Alex Kujur, A Maria Rachel, Anshika Saxena (NISCORT)
5. Open Mic:
– 1st: Soumil Jain (India Today Media Institute)
– 2nd: Nitesh Kumar Sahu (IMS Noida)
– 3rd: Ankit Kumar (Delhi School of Journalism)
6. Media Debate:
– 1st: Sana Khair (Jamia Millia Islamia)
– 2nd: Sachin Kumar (VIPS)
– 3rd: Deepanshu Jha (Delhi School of Journalism)
7. Meme War:
– 1st: Parichay Sahani (Galgotia University)
– 2nd: Aditya Chauhan (VOT Bhopal)
– 3rd: Vamika Kapoor (Lady Shree Ram College)
8. Media Quiz:
– 1st: Sakshi Singh, Dakshita Ojha (Galgotia University)
– 2nd: Kirti, Sylvester Charley Britto (NISCORT)
– 3rd: Anikka, Annupriya (DME)
9. Reel Making:
– 1st: Khushi Chittoria (Institute of Home Economics)
– 2nd: Siya Arora (Bhartiya Vidyapeeth)
– 3rd: Rohini K (Institute of Home Economics)
– 1st: Deepanshu Jha (Delhi School of Journalism)
– 2nd: Aavishka Gupta (IHE)
– 3rd: Annupriya Dhar (DME)
11. Ad Mad:
– 1st: Vivek Kumar Lunawat, Kartikay Dheer (Tecnia Institute)
– 2nd: Shivang Misra, Siddharth Chaddha (Tecnia Institute)
– 3rd: Karan Vasandani, Samarjit Mohindru, Eva Dhingra, Dev Malik (Rukmini Devi Institute)
12. Nukkad Natak:
– Team Verve (Shahid Sukhdev College)
– Team Illuminati (JSS Noida)
The event also featured captivating cultural performances, including insightful singing, engaging anchoring, energized bhangra, and perfect moves from the Fitoor dancers. Dr. Susmita Bala, HOD of DME Media School, extended a heartfelt vote of thanks to all participants, guests, sponsors, and partners who made Vritika 23 a grand success.
Vritika 23 was a testament to the outstanding talents of the students and their dedication to the field of media. The event not only showcased their creative abilities but also provided them with valuable insights and inspiration from industry experts. Delhi Metropolitan Education looks forward to many more years of fostering media excellence through Vritika.
Vritika is a vibrant festival organised annually in October or November, catering to media students from across India. This two-day extravaganza encompasses diverse competitions, engaging discussions, and collaborative initiatives. Organised by students with mentorship from teachers, Vritika celebrates the spirit of media education and creativity.
Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME) stands as an ‘A’ grade premier educational institute affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, and approved by the Bar Council of India. DME offers a range of programs, including BBA, BA LLB, BBA LLB (with BCI approval), and BA (JMC), aiming to provide world-class education while nurturing students’ skills and competence.
About DME Media School
DME Media School, a constituent of Delhi Metropolitan Education, offers the Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BA JMC) program affiliated with GGSIPU. With comprehensive education and training in various media disciplines, the school equips students for diverse careers in journalism, advertising, public relations, event management, digital media, television, radio programming, and filmmaking.